Search This Blog

Saturday, March 4, 2017

"The Climb" - Just Like Miley Cyrus Said



      What a ride, and what a climb this term has been.  I’ve turned in my final assignment for COM 6691 Strategic Communication Inquiry & Research and soon will log on for the two-hour final exam for COM 6630, Strategic Communication and Emerging Media.  As both of these classes, and Term III, come to a close I realize I will have completed 60% of the degree requirements for my Master of Science in Strategic Communications.  It feels so good to be over that halfway mark, yes I can relate to “The Climb.”  But interestingly enough I have started entertaining the doctoral program idea once more.  I still have a bit, a couple of years, left on my Post 9-11 G.I. Bill and my work on this Master’s program has renewed my passion for Communications.  Although it would be nice to have an opportunity to do something “in passing” it is unfortunate that Troy University doesn’t yet offer doctoral programs in Communications.  In fact, I think the only PhD program there is at Troy is in Sports Management.  Like I said, I’m “entertaining” the idea.  Perhaps I could add a graduate certificate in Digital Media Skills from U.C. Berkeley.  They offer a graduate level certificate program that focuses on the strategic production and implementation of digital media content for a “web facing and mobile-first audience.”  Sounds interesting.  No matter which direction I end up going it’s like Miley Cyrus said in “The Climb” – “Ain’t about how fast I get there.  Ain’t about what’s waitin’ on the other side.  It’s the climb!”  
     One thing I do know, I have really enjoyed this blogging experience and I plan on continuing to update this blog throughout the remainder of my degree program and beyond.  I’ve just registered for my next term so coming soon will be a combined JRN 6615, PR and Strategic Communications and a COM 6635, Strategic Organizational Communication blogging experience.  I think that continuing to share my responses and thoughts related to coursework will also add to my knowledge base for the not-too-distant Comprehensive Exam.  So this isn’t goodbye, it’s see you real soon.

Strategically Yours,
Autumn

      

I just love a good inspirational quote - so I'll leave a few right here for you to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment